The quality of your life is dramatically affected by the quality of the questions you ask yourself on a daily basis.
I am on day 26 AF and reading chapter 16. It’s a great one… that asks us about ‘how’ we ask our questions and that asking starting with ‘why’ is not the best but rather – we should ask ‘what’ or ‘how’ … Here are some great examples taken from the companion website – and I’m adopting this one as my 30 day Vision Statement Question:
“How can I wake up every day feeling excited, vibrant, and passionate about living a meaningful and fulfilling sober life?”
The quote for today was this one:
Neuroscientists estimate that your unconscious database outweighs the conscious on an order exceeding ten million to one. This database is the source of your creative potential. In other words, a part of you is much smarter than you are. The wisest people regularly consult that smartest part.
I hadn’t read the chapters for some time and I’ve been sick for a few days. I’m feeling cooped up and was having thoughts about having a drink so I decided to read. My goal is to for sure get my 30 days in – after that – I may allow myself a once a week treat to drinks socially with my bf.
When I think of the questions I need to ask myself surrounding this easing back into allowing drinks is “What do I want most out of life?” and the answer is always my health and vitality and to feel good. How will I get that? By continuing with mostly the 80/20 rule of healthy eating, exercising and limiting alcohol in my life so that it never becomes a regular habit as it was for so many years.
I’m going to post some of the other great questions from the website here as I want them in my blog for reference as well… And some I can come back to read regularly.
These are some great questions to ask yourself to get clarity on what you want in life.
- How can I get excited about my sobriety?
- How can I meet people that enable my sobriety?
- How can I get the sparkle in my eyes, so to say, that others seem to have without drugs and alcohol?
- How do I create pure excitement and joy in embracing everything in this program and the work that I need to do?
- What truth am I talking about in my life but not quite embodying?
- When I get to end of my life, what would I have done to feel like I lived, loved, and made a difference?
- What do I want my legacy to be?
- How do I want to be remembered?
- What could I do today that would make today more enjoyable than ever?
- What can I do to have a breakthrough in my life and sobriety?
- How can I become financially abundant right now and love doing it?
- I wonder what will happen today that will make today amazing.
- What was funny about that that I might be overlooking?
- What can I notice today that I haven’t noticed before?
- What can I do today to become financially secure now and in the future?
- What can I do today to meet my goals of overall health and fitness?
- What would I do if I wasn’t afraid?
- What is my dharma/purpose/reason for being on the planet?
- What is it that I, and only I, can give to the world?
- If I had only six months to live, what would I do?
- If I met a genie and he gave me three wishes, what would I ask for?
- Who has had biggest impact positively in my life and what did they do?
- If I had all the money and time in the world, what would I do?
Certainly lots of food for thought…