I took a pause and stopped blogging and then realized it’s time to speak out and up about this. I slipped back into some daily drinking habits and with this month being about alcohol awareness – I am yet again having to acknowledge that I have issues with too much booze.
I have 188 days AF and 37 drinking days in this one year experiment so far and what I will share with you are my raw and honest observations about this slip and how it’s made me feel … if for nothing else to be a wake up call for me.
- I’ve regained weight and feel bloated and terrible
- I am back to living life on the couch and lack motivation to move
- I am making lame excuses or jokes about my drinking – like it’s ‘ok’ to drink again (but it’s really NOT)
- I have anxiety, depression and worry filled sleepless nights (tossing and turning and thinking about how this is NOT working again)
- I am pissed off at myself for slipping backwards yet again…
So what does this all mean? Well – it means it’s time to be HONEST with myself again and just do what I came to do this year… Live the year sober and clean and get back to AF living!
Let got of guilt and let more clarity back in!
Today I’m back to day one with my eye on 200 days AF as my next ‘goal’ … and beyond!!
I’m grateful for each moment … for our group (Lose ‘da Booze 100 Day Challenge) and for the ability to get back to a place of peace and sobriety.